Certified Senior Lighting Technician (CSLT)
After earning your CALT certification , NALMCO offers the Certified Senior Lighting Technician™ (CSLT™) certification, a home study program that is indispensable for experienced technicians. The CSLT reinforces the principles of basic lighting and lighting management operations.
The CALT is a prerequisite to obtaining the CSLT designation.
The CSLT exam covers:
- Lighting Fundamentals
- Planned Lighting Maintenance
- Emergency Lighting
- Energy Management/Lighting Controls
- Safety and Code
When you enroll in the CSLT, you will receive the electronic training manual, Illuminations, access to take the CSLT computer-based exam, and a three-year certification enrollment. Upon enrollment, participants have six months to take the exam.
Preparing for the Exam
The CSLT certification is a self-study course. Some companies offer to teach the course in a group setting, supplementing the lecture with reading and discussion. Others may opt to have technicians read the training manual and then meet in person to review and prepare for the exam. Finally, some candidates study and prepare solely on their own. Be sure to ask your company if they offer a training program.
Enrolling for the Exam
- Purchase the CSLT Program.
NOTE: Each technician sitting for the exam must register individually. Exam information and training manuals are sent to the individual taking the exam.
Current CALTs have an account established. If you forgot your Username and/or Password, click “Sign In” at the top of the page. Then click “Forgot my password or my username.” If you cannot locate your record, contact NALMCO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Within ten (10) business days, candidates will receive an email about their testing session. This email will include their Username, Password and secure URL to take the exam online. Please ensure your program accepts emails from AllianceSafetyCouncil.org. All exam correspondence is sent electronically.
- Candidates have six (6) months from the date of online registration to complete the exam.
- Candidates will receive their final score upon completion of the exam. To pass, candidates’ score must be 70 percent or higher.
- After passing the exam, candidates will receive a certificate of completion, a wallet card and a shirt badge. The designation CSLT will be placed after the candidate’s name.
- If a candidate does not pass, examination retakes are available.
Review the CALT/CSLT Frequently Asked Questions for detailed information on registration, fees, recertification requirements, computer/technology challenges and contact information for further questions.
All CSLTs must recertify every three years to maintain their certification statue. Notification will be sent by USPS mail when it’s time to recertify. The CSLT certification renewal is $90.
Track your certification renewal hours throughout your renewal cycle using the NALMCO Certification Renewal Credit Tracker.